SX6710G 36-port Non-blocking Managed 56Gb/s InfiniBand to 40GbE Ethernet Gateway
The SX6710G is a high-performance, low-latency 56Gb/s FDR InfiniBand to 40Gb/s Ethernet gateway built with Mellanox's SwitchX®-2 InfiniBand switch device.
Virtual Protocol Interconnect (VPI) supporting InfiniBand and Ethernet connectivity provide the highest performing and most flexible interconnect solution for PCI Express Gen3 servers. VPI simplifies system development by serving multiple fabrics with one hardware design. VPI simplifies today network by enabling one platform to run both InfiniBand and Ethernet subnets on the same chassis.
With its high bandwidth, low latency and reduced overhead, InfiniBand is the ideal choice for speeding application performance while simultaneously consolidating network and I/O infrastructure. Combining InfiniBand and Ethernet into a single solution provides ideal rack backbone for next generation data centers.
Mellanox's gateway system includes both InfiniBand and Ethernet switches on a single platform, simplifying the need for additional switches to connect to the gateway.
Using Mellanox's gateway, a user can also benefit from a full end-to-end solution combined with Mellanox InfiniBand switch series and Ethernet 10/40Gb/s switch series.
- Industry-leading, gateway platform in performance, power, and density
- High-performance connectivity to Ethernet based services and resources
- Designed for energy and cost savings
- Quick and easy setup and management
- Fabric Management for cluster and converged I/O applications
- 36 56Gb/s ports in a 1U switch
- Up to 4Tb/s aggregate switching capacity
- 400ns latency between InfiniBand and Ethernet
- Optional redundant power supplies and fan drawers