SB7780 36-port Non-blocking Managed EDR 100Gb/s InfiniBand Router
The SB7780 InfiniBand router enables a new level of scalability and isolation that is critical for the next generation of data-centers.
The SB7780 InfiniBand router is based on the Switch-IB™ switch ASIC and offers fully flexible 36 EDR 100Gb/s ports, which can be split among six different subnets.
The InfiniBand router brings two major enhancements to the Mellanox switch portfolio:
1. Increases resiliency by segregating the data center’s network into several subnets, with each subnet running its own subnet manager, effectively isolating each subnet from the others’ availability or instability
2. Enables scaling of the fabric up to a virtually unlimited number of nodes
The SB7780 InfiniBand Router can connect between different types of topologies. Therefore, it enables each subnet topology to best fit and maximize its applications performance. For example, the storage subnets may use a Fat-Tree topology while the compute subnets may use 3D-torus, DragonFly+, Fat-Tree or other topologies that best fit the local application. The SB7780 can also help split the cluster in order to segregate between applications that run best on localized resources and between applications that need a full fabric.
The network router delivers a consistent, high-performance and low latency router solution that is required for high performance computing (HPC), cloud, Web 2.0, machine learning and enterprise applications.
- Industry-leading, gateway platform in performance, power, and density
- Designed for next level of scale and resiliency
- Designed for energy and cost savings
- Quick and easy setup and management
- Flexible port allocation to support up to six different InfiniBand subnets
- 36 EDR 100b/s ports in a 1U system
- Up to 7Tb/s aggregate data capacity
- Ultra-low latency (100ns) latency between InfiniBand subnets
- Optional redundant power supplies and fan drawers