AS5812 10GBaseT Switch
10GBaseT Data Center and enterprise Bare-Metal SwitchThe AS5812-54T switch meets the high-performance, availability, and network-scaling requirements of enterprise and cloud data centers. The AS5812-54T provides full line-rate switching at Layer 2 or Layer 3 across 48 x 10GbE ports and 6 x 40GbE uplinks. The switch can be deployed either as a Top-of-Rack switch, or as part of a 10GbE or 40GbE distributed spine, forming a non-blocking folded-Clos data center fabric.
The AS5812-54T hardware provides the high-availability features required for data center operation, including; redundant, hot-swappable AC power input and 4+1 redundant fan modules. The AS5812-54T is an ideal Top-of-Rack switch for virtualized data centers, with its support of VXLAN and NVGRE tunneling functions in hardware, leveraging existing Cat 5e/Cat 6/Cat 6A/Cat 7 cabling infrastructure that saves further investment.
- Cost-effective, bare-metal infrastructure for data center racks
- 10GBaseT connections to server and storage nodes in rack, with 40 GbE uplinks to spine network
- Full line-rate L2 or L3 forwarding and switching
- Hot-swappable, load-sharing, redundant AC PSUs
- Hardware switch pre-loaded with Open Network Install Environment (ONIE) for automated loading of compatible open source and commercial NOS offerings
- 48 x 10GBASE-T RJ-45 ports
- 6 x QSFP uplink ports, supporting 40 GbE (DAC, 40GBASE-SR/LR/ER/LRM) or 10 GbE (1000BASE-T/SX/LX)
- Energy efficiency
- Compatible with Cumulus Linux®