Mellanox Innova™ IPsec EN Adapter Card
Innova IPsec EN Adapter, Single-port QSFP, 40GbE, PCIe3 x8
The Mellanox Innova IPsec EN Adapter Card provides security acceleration for IPsec-enabled networks while taking advantage of the ConnectX-4 Lx EN Network Controller’s best-in-class performance, unmatched scalability, and efficiency.
The constantly growing demand for security and privacy in modern data centers, private and public clouds, Web 2 infrastructure, and telecommunication systems, requires the use of security protocols. IPsec is a protocol suite for secure Internet Protocol (IP) communications by authenticating and encrypting each IP packet of a communication session. However, the high computing power required by the IPsec algorithms consumes expensive CPU cycles and limits network connection performance.
The Mellanox Innova IPsec EN adapter offloads the processing of the IPsec algorithms, frees up the CPU, and eases network bottlenecks.
Mellanox Innova IPsec network adapter integrates advanced network capabilities and crypto offloading in one card, utilizing only a single PCIe slot for both networking and crypto functions.
- Combines high-end network capabilities and encryption offloads into single PCIe adapter
- Highest performing boards for applications requiring high bandwidth, low latency, and high message rate
- Industry-leading throughput and latency for Web 2.0, Cloud, and Big Data applications
- Smart interconnect for x86, Power, ARM, and GPU-based compute and storage platforms
- Cutting-edge performance in virtualized overlay networks
- Efficient I/O consolidation, lowering data center costs and complexity
- Virtualization acceleration
- Power efficiency
- IPsec encryption and authentication algorithm offloads
- Erasure Coding offload
- CPU offloading of transport operations
- Application offloading
- Mellanox PeerDirect communication acceleration
- Hardware offloads for NVGRE, VXLAN, and GENEVE encapsulated traffic
- End-to-end QoS and congestion control
- Hardware-based I/O virtualization