ConnectX®-5 EN Single/Dual-Port Adapter Supporting 100Gb/s Ethernet
Intelligent ConnectX-5 EN adapter cards introduce new acceleration engines for maximizing High Performance, Web 2.0, Cloud, Data Analytics and Storage platforms.
ConnectX-5 supports two ports of 100Gb/s Ethernet connectivity, sub-700 nanosecond latency, and very high message rate, plus PCIe switch and NVMe over Fabric offloads, providing the highest performance and most flexible solution for the most demanding applications and markets.
ConnectX-5 Accelerated Switching and Packet Processing (ASAP2™) technology enhances offloading of virtual switches and virtual routers, for example, Open V-Switch (OVS), which results in significantly higher data transfer performance without overloading the CPU. Together with native RoCE and DPDK (Data Plane Development Kit) support, ConnectX-5 dramatically improves Cloud and NFV platform efficiency.
Learn more about Ethernet technology.
The Open Compute Project (OCP) mission is to develop and specify the most cost-efficient, energy-efficient and scalable enterprise and Web 2 data centers. Mellanox ConnectX-5 EN OCP adapter card delivers leading Ethernet connectivity for performance-driven server and storage applications in Machine Learning, Web 2.0, Enterprise Data Center, Cloud and Storage environments. The OCP Mezzanine adapter form factor is designed to mate into OCP servers. For additional information on Mellanox OCP products, click here.
*For illustration only. Actual product may vary.
- Adapters Product Brief
- OCP Product Brief
- VPI Socket Direct Product Brief (supports Ethernet)
- ConnectX-5 & ConnectX-5 Ex EN User Manual
- ConnectX-5 EN OCP Cards User Manual
- ConnectX-5 Ethernet Adapter Cards for OCP 3 User Manual
- 3D Models (Step Files)
- White Paper: SR-IOV vs. VirtIO; Comparison of two OVS/vRouter Acceleration Techniques
- White Paper Maximizing Server Performance with Mellanox Socket Direct™ Adapter
- Industry-leading throughput, low latency, low CPU utilization and high message rate
- Innovative rack design for storage and Machine Learning based on Host Chaining technology
- Smart interconnect for x86, Power, ARM, and GPU-based compute and storage platforms
- Advanced storage capabilities including NVMe over Fabric offloads
- Intelligent network adapter supporting flexible pipeline programmability
- Cutting-edge performance in virtualized networks including Network Function Virtualization (NFV)
- Enabler for efficient service chaining capabilities
- 100Gb/s Ethernet per port and all lower speeds
- Up to 200M messages/second
- Adaptive Routing on Reliable Transport
- NVMe over Fabric (NVMf) Target Offloads
- Back-End Switch Elimination by Host Chaining
- Embedded PCIe Switch
- Enhanced vSwitch / vRouter Offloads
- Flexible Pipeline
- RoCE for Overlay Networks
- PCIe Gen 4 Support
- IBM CAPI v2 support
- Erasure Coding offload
- T10-DIF Signature Handover
- Mellanox PeerDirect™ communication acceleration
- Hardware offloads for NVGRE and VXLAN encapsulated traffic
- End-to-end QoS and congestion control
- Hardware-based I/O virtualization