INTEROP, LAS VEGAS, NV – May 21, 2007 – Mellanox™ Technologies, Ltd. (NASDAQ: MLNX), a leading supplier of semiconductor-based, high-performance interconnect products, today announced that it has shipped over 2 million InfiniBand (10 and 20Gb/s) ports to leading server, storage, communications infrastructure, and embedded system OEMs. These ports span four generations of industry-leading InfiniBand adapter and switch families and are an integral part of the IT infrastructure that services a wide range of end-user markets, including automotive, bio and geosciences, communications, database, defense, economic and financial services, educational research, electronic design automation, entertainment, government, health services, retail, transportation services, weather analysis, web services, and more. Leading OEM suppliers that deliver InfiniBand-based server and storage hardware and software solutions to these end user markets include Cisco, DataDirect Networks, Dell, HP, IBM, LSI, Network Appliance, QLogic, SGI, Sun, and Voltaire, among others.
“Shipping products that include over 2 million ports to leading OEMs is an important milestone for Mellanox and for the entire InfiniBand industry as it demonstrates the establishment of a significant end-user customer base,” said Eyal Waldman, chairman, president and CEO of Mellanox Technologies. “The value proposition of InfiniBand in both server and storage clustering is well established across industries, and Mellanox is committed to further extending InfiniBand’s leadership in the marketplace.”
InfiniBand Deployments Span the Top500 to the Fortune 500
Several recent InfiniBand-related announcements in both the high-performance computing and enterprise data center markets demonstrate the increasing market adoption and usage of the interconnect technology, including:
- TIBCO Accelerates Enterprise Messaging Service Performance with Support for Cisco InfiniBand achieving up to 4X messaging throughput
- Wombat Financial Software accelerates the distribution of market data to address increasing securities exchange feed volumes with InfiniBand solutions from Cisco and Voltaire
- Oracle Announces General Availability of Reliable Datagram Sockets (RDS) InfiniBand Interconnect Solution for Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) 10g
- Autodesk Incinerator 2007 with InfiniBand delivers accelerated performance for real-time color grading of high-resolution commercials and feature films
- Credit Suisse Joins OpenFabrics Alliance and Takes a Leadership Role in the Development of the Open-Source, High-Performance Interconnect Software Stack
- OpenFabrics releases Enterprise Distribution (OFED) which is a standard InfiniBand software stack for Linux in addition to the release of WinIB for Windows
- Microsoft supports InfiniBand drivers with Windows Server 2003 with the achievement of Microsoft Logo for Mellanox InfiniBand Adapters
- InfiniBand support is available out-of-the-box in Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) version 5 distribution
- InfiniBand support is available out-of-the-box in SUSE Linux Enterprise Real Time (SLERT) Linux distribution and as an add-on package to SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) version 10
- InfiniBand continues to power additional large-scale clusters such as in Los Alamos National Lab, Lawrence Livermore National Lab, the National Center for Supercomputing Applications (NCSA), University of Chemnitz (Germany) and many others
- Mellanox Demonstrates 40Gb/s InfiniBand Connectivity with PCI Express 2
- Mellanox Launches 4th Generation ConnectX IB InfiniBand Adapters
- The number of clusters using InfiniBand on the Top500.org more than doubles from the June 2006 to the November 2006 list
- New enhanced fiber and copper cabling components and products available from several vendors including Quellan, Zarlink, Emcore, and Gore
Visit Mellanox at Interop, Las Vegas May 21-24, Mandalay Bay Convention Center
Visit the Mellanox booth (#2019) at Interop to see the latest in InfiniBand technology.
Mellanox Technologies is a leading supplier of semiconductor-based, high-performance, InfiniBand and Ethernet connectivity products that facilitate data transmission between servers, communications infrastructure equipment and storage systems. The company’s products are an integral part of a total solution focused on computing, storage and communication applications used in enterprise data centers, high-performance computing and embedded systems.
Founded in 1999, Mellanox Technologies is headquartered in Santa Clara, California and Yokneam, Israel. For more information, visit Mellanox at www.mellanox.com.
Safe Harbor Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995:
All statements included or incorporated by reference in this release, other than statements or characterizations of historical fact, are forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are based on our current expectations, estimates and projections about our industry and business, management's beliefs and certain assumptions made by us, all of which are subject to change. Forward-looking statements can often be identified by words such as "anticipates," "expects," "intends," "plans," "predicts," "believes," "seeks," "estimates," "may," "will," "should," "would," "could," "potential," "continue," "ongoing," similar expressions and variations or negatives of these words. These forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future results and are subject to risks, uncertainties and assumptions that could cause our actual results to differ materially and adversely from those expressed in any forward-looking statement. The risks and uncertainties that could cause our results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements include our ability to react to trends and challenges in our business and the markets in which we operate; our ability to anticipate market needs or develop new or enhanced products to meet those needs; the adoption rate of our products; our ability to establish and maintain successful relationships with our distribution partners; our ability to compete in our industry; fluctuations in demand, sales cycles and prices for our products and services; our ability to protect our intellectual property rights; general political, economic and market conditions and events; and other risks and uncertainties described more fully in our documents filed with or furnished to the Securities and Exchange Commission. More information about the risks, uncertainties and assumptions that may impact our business are set forth in our Form 10-Q filed with the SEC on May 8, 2007, and our Form 10-K filed with the SEC on March 26, 2007, including “Risk Factors”. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to us as of the date hereof, and we assume no obligation to update these forward-looking statements.
Mellanox, ConnectX, InfiniBlast, InfiniBridge, InfiniHost, InfiniRISC, InfiniScale, and InfiniPCI are registered trademarks of Mellanox Technologies. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
For more information: