SUNNYVALE, CA and YOKNEAM, ISRAEL – Sept 5, 2016 – Mellanox® Technologies, Ltd. (NASDAQ: MLNX), a leading supplier of high-performance, end-to-end interconnect solutions for data center servers and storage systems, today announced the availability of 25Gb/s SR (short reach) Ethernet optical transceivers and Active Optical Cables (AOCs) that enable next generation servers and storage appliances to interface with 100Gb/s switches and routers. The new products are featured at the 18th China International Optoelectronic Expo, Sept. 6-9, in Shenzhen, China in live demos using Mellanox 100Gb/s Spectrum Ethernet switches to aggregate traffic from four servers, each connected with 25G/s ConnectX®-4 network adapters.
“The transition to 100Gb/s networks in data centers are linked to server upgrades to 25Gb/s and 50Gb/s,” noted Westwood Liu, China general manager, at Mellanox Technologies. “Our new optical transceivers and AOCs enable a new generation of server and storage connectivity.”
“Mellanox is currently the market share leader in shipments of data center Ethernet NICs with speeds of 25GbE and greater,” said Seamus Crehan, President and Founder of Crehan Research. “High-speed optical interconnects allow data centers to break the traditional 3m copper link between servers and TOR switches. With these optics, racks of 25Gb/s servers and storage can be placed anywhere in the data center.”
The CIOE booth location is 1A06 and features live demonstrations of the entire LinkX® interconnect product portfolio linking Mellanox 100Gb/s switches and high-speed servers:
- SN2410: 48-port 25GbE + 8-port 100GbE Open Ethernet Top-of-Rack Switch
- SN2100: Half-Width 16-port Non-blocking 100GbE Open Ethernet Switch
- ConnectX-4 single and dual port network adapters in 25/50/100G combinations
- 25/50/100G Direct Attach Cables (DAC) and Active Optical Cables (AOCs)
- 25G SR and 100G SR4, multi-mode transceivers
- 100G LR4 10Km, 1310nm, single-mode transceiver
- 100G PSM4 2km, 1550nm, Silicon Photonics i single-mode transceiver
- 100G WDM4 2Km, 1550nm, Silicon Photonics single-mode transceiver
Mellanox Technologies technology experts will be presenting in several key sessions at CIOE:
- Didi Ivancovsky, Director of LinkX Product Marketing, will be presenting at the First Silicon Photonics Industry Summit at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel, Sept. 7, 3:00- 3:25 p.m. His presentation is entitled: Silicon Photonics Enables the Use of Data.
- Tong Liu, Sr. Director of Market Development, will be presenting at the
- Follow Mellanox on: Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube
Mellanox Technologies (NASDAQ: MLNX) is a leading supplier of end-to-end Ethernet and InfiniBand intelligent interconnect solutions and services for servers, storage, and hyper-converged infrastructure. Mellanox intelligent interconnect solutions increase data center efficiency by providing the highest throughput and lowest latency, delivering data faster to applications and unlocking system performance. Mellanox offers a choice of high performance solutions: network and multicore processors, network adapters, switches, cables, software and silicon, that accelerate application runtime and maximize business results for a wide range of markets including high performance computing, enterprise data centers, Web 2.0, cloud, storage, network security, telecom and financial services. More information is available at www.mellanox.com.
# # #
Mellanox and LinkX are registered trademarks of Mellanox Technologies, Ltd. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners