SC’10, New Orleans, LA. – Nov. 15, 2010 – Mellanox® Technologies, Ltd. (NASDAQ: MLNX; TASE: MLNX), a leading supplier of high-performance, end-to-end connectivity solutions for data center servers and storage systems, today announced the immediate availability of its new low-port count and power-efficient unmanaged switches in the IS5000 switch system family: the 8-port IS5022 and 18-port IS5023. These switches can be combined with Mellanox’s broad portfolio of 40Gb/s switch systems to enable cluster build-outs of any size at optimal price/performance points.
“While high-performance fabrics focus on very large scale problems, there are many applications in small clusters that require high performance interconnects, too,” said Sanjay Manney, director of product marketing at Mellanox Technologies. “With the introduction of the IS5022 and IS5023, Mellanox is able to offer high bandwidth and low-latency connectivity at an optimal price and power for a large variety of embedded and small cluster applications, such as storage, database and GPGPU clusters.”
The IS5022 and IS5023 continue in the tradition of Mellanox’s world leading IS5000 family of switches by offering the following benefits:
- Comprehensive family of unmanaged InfiniBand edge switches that are ideal for deployments of any size with the ability to scale for growth
- Industry-leading switching capacities scaling from 640Gb/s (8 ports) to 51,8 Tb/s (648 ports) of fully non-blocking bandwidth with support for all network topologies ranging from Fat-Tree, Mesh, 3D-Torus, etc.
- The world’s lowest port-to-port switching latency of 100ns, providing 25-45 percent better latency than other comparable switches
- The worlds’ most deployed InfiniBand switch silicon architecture, based on Mellanox’s 4th generation InfiniScale IV switch architecture
- The IS5022’s unique design that allows mounting of two units side by side in a 1U standard 19” rack, further reducing space for redundant configurations
- Redundant fans and reversible air-flow options
- Up to 4X higher scalability than other solutions for multicast operations
- Ability to carry compute and storage traffic on a common converged fabric, enabling the creation of power and cost-efficient green clusters and data centers
- Advanced features, such as static or adaptive routing and congestion management that allows the switch fabric to dynamically detect and avoid congestion and to re-route around points of congestion enabling maximum effective fabric performance under all types of traffic conditions
The IS5000 switch family enables efficient computing for clusters of all sizes, from the very small to the extremely large, while offering near-linear scaling in performance.
Whether used for parallel computation or as a converged fabric, the IS5000 family has the industry’s best traffic-carrying capability.
Pricing and Availability
The IS5022 and IS5023 InfiniBand switch systems are available today. MSRP for these switches is 3,15 $ and 6,31 $ respectively.
Mellanox Technologies is a leading supplier of end-to-end connectivity solutions for servers and storage that optimize data center performance. Mellanox products deliver market-leading bandwidth, performance, scalability, power conservation and cost-effectiveness while converging multiple legacy network technologies into one future-proof solution. For the best in performance and scalability, Mellanox is the choice for Fortune 500 data centers and the world’s most powerful supercomputers. Founded in 1999, Mellanox Technologies is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California and Yokneam, Israel. For more information, visit Mellanox at www.mellanox.com.
Mellanox, BridgeX, ConnectX, InfiniBlast, InfiniBridge, InfiniHost, InfiniRISC, InfiniScale, InfiniPCI, PhyX, and Virtual Protocol Interconnect are registered trademarks of Mellanox Technologies, Ltd. CORE-Direct and FabricIT are trademarks of Mellanox Technologies, Ltd. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.