ISC’09, HAMBURG, GERMANY – June 23, 2009 – Mellanox® Technologies, Ltd. (NASDAQ: MLNX; TASE: MLNX), a leading supplier of high-performance, end-to-end connectivity solutions for data center servers and storage, today announced that its InfiniBand adapters and switch solutions enables the highest system efficiency and utilization as reported in the 33rd edition of the TOP500 list. Mellanox InfiniBand demonstrates up to 94 percent system utilization, only 6 percent under the theoretical limit, providing users with the best return on investment for their high-performance computing server and storage infrastructure known in the industry. This year’s TOP500 list reveals that InfiniBand is the only growing industry-standard interconnect solution, increasing 25 percent to 152 systems, representing more than 30 percent of the TOP500.
Mellanox ConnectX® InfiniBand adapters and switch systems based on its InfiniScale® III and IV switch silicon provide the scalable, low-latency, and power-efficient interconnect for the world’s fastest supercomputer and the majority of the top 100 systems. Mellanox end-to-end 40Gb/s InfiniBand solutions deliver the leading performance and highest Top10 system efficiency in the 10th ranked Jülich cluster.
The total number of InfiniBand-connected CPU cores on the TOP500 list has grown 72 percent, from 606 000 in 2008 to 1 040 000 in 2009. This highlights increasing demand for InfiniBand as a way to maximize computing resources, productivity and performance in the world’s fastest computer systems.
“Mellanox’s end-to-end 40Gb/s connectivity provides users with the most efficient solution for high-performance systems, and maximizes the compute resource utilization, offering not only the highest return on investment known in the industry, but also the lowest power/usage consumption, too,” said Eyal Waldman, president, chairman and CEO of Mellanox Technologies. “As the most reliable, scalable, power efficient and highest performing InfiniBand solutions leader, Mellanox connectivity products continue to support the ever-increasing performance demands and efficiency needs of world-leading research facilities, educational centers, cloud computing, and green data centers.”
Published twice a year and publicly available at www.Top500.org, the TOP500 list ranks the world’s most powerful computer systems according to the Linpack benchmark rating system. The TOP500 list is a respected industry report that indicates usage trends in computing and interconnect solutions.
Highlights of InfiniBand usage on the June 2009 TOP500 list include:
- Mellanox InfiniBand interconnect products connect the world’s fastest supercomputer, 4 of the top 10 most prestigious positions, and 9 of the top 20 systems
- Mellanox InfiniBand provides the highest system utilization, up to 94 percent, which is 50 percent higher than the best GbE-based system
- Mellanox 40Gb/s end-to-end solutions provide the highest system utilization on the top 10, 15 % higher than the average top 20 efficiency
- All InfiniBand-based clusters (152 total supercomputers) use Mellanox solutions
- InfiniBand is the most used interconnect among the top 100 supercomputers with 59 systems, nearly 12 times the number of Gigabit Ethernet-based clusters and the number of proprietary high speed cluster interconnects
- The total number of InfiniBand-connected CPU cores on the list has grown from 606 000 in June 2008 to 1 040 000 in 2009 (72 percent yearly growth)
- InfiniBand is the only growing industry-standard clustered interconnect in the TOP500 with a 25 percent growth rate compared to June 2008
- Mellanox InfiniBand interconnect products present in the TOP500 are used by a diverse list of applications, from large-scale, high-performance computing to commercial technical computing and enterprise data centers
- The entry level for the TOP500 list is 17TFlops, 91 % percent higher than the 8,9TFlops necessary to be on the June 2008 list
Mellanox Technologies is a leading supplier of end-to-end connectivity solutions for servers and storage that optimize data center performance. Mellanox products deliver market-leading bandwidth, performance, scalability, power conservation and cost-effectiveness while converging multiple legacy network technologies into one future-proof solution. For the best in performance and scalability, Mellanox is the choice for Fortune 500 data centers and the world’s most powerful supercomputers. Founded in 1999, Mellanox Technologies is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California and Yokneam, Israel. For more information, visit Mellanox at www.mellanox.com.
Mellanox, ConnectX, InfiniBlast, InfiniBridge, InfiniHost, InfiniRISC, InfiniScale, and InfiniPCI are registered trademarks of Mellanox Technologies, Ltd. BridgeX, FabricIT, PhyX, and Virtual Protocol Interconnect are trademarks of Mellanox Technologies, Ltd. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.