ISC’13, Leipzig, Germany – June 18, 2013 – Mellanox® Technologies, Ltd. (NASDAQ: MLNX; TASE: MLNX), a leading supplier of end-to-end interconnect solutions for data center servers and storage systems, today announced that the company continued its leadership as the global interconnect solution provider for the TOP500 list of supercomputers. The number of the TOP500’s Petascale-capable systems connected with Mellanox FDR InfiniBand doubled from November 2012 to June 2013. Overall, the number of Mellanox FDR InfiniBand connected systems grew 3,3X from June 2012 to June 2013, and Mellanox FDR InfiniBand accelerates the top four InfiniBand-based systems on the list, showing the increasing demand for higher performance, scalability and efficiency.
Mellanox ConnectX® and Connect-IB InfiniBand adapters and SwitchX®-based switch systems optimize server and storage performance and provide the scalable, low-latency, and power-efficient interconnect for the world’s fastest supercomputers, connecting nearly 50 percent (16 systems) of all Petascale-based systems (33 systems).
The advanced offloads and accelerations within Mellanox InfiniBand solutions enable the most performance-efficient systems on the TOP500 list, at nearly 96 percent system and CPU efficiency.
“We are pleased to see the increased adoption of our FDR InfiniBand interconnect solutions by the world’s fastest supercomputers,” said Eyal Waldman, president and CEO of Mellanox Technologies. “FDR InfiniBand delivers today the highest performance for high-performance computing, cloud, Web 2.0, database and storage applications. Our interconnect solutions connect nearly half of the world’s petaflop systems, demonstrating the high system efficiency and scalability that our interconnect provides. We continue with our development efforts to bring the next generation of 100Gb/s interconnect solutions, which are expected to be released in 2014/2015 time frame.”
Published twice a year and publicly available at www.Top500.org, the TOP500 list ranks the world’s most powerful computer systems according to the Linpack benchmark rating system.
Highlights of InfiniBand usage on the June 2013 TOP500 list include:
- FDR InfiniBand is the fastest growing interconnect technology on the TOP500 with a 3,3X increase in the number of systems versus the June 2012 TOP500 list.
- InfiniBand connects nearly 50 percent of the world’s most powerful petaflop systems on the list.
- Mellanox InfiniBand provides the highest system utilization on the TOP500, achieving up to 96 percent system utilization.
- InfiniBand is the most used interconnect in the TOP100 with 49 percent, in the TOP200 with 47 percent, in the TOP300 with 44 percent and in the TOP400 systems with 41 percent.
- InfiniBand systems account for 2,6X the performance of Ethernet systems.
- InfiniBand connects 3X the number of Cray-based systems in the TOP500 systems and 6,6X the number of Cray-based systems in the TOP100 systems.
- Clusters continue to be the dominant system architecture with 83 percent of the TOP500 list.
- Mellanox end-to-end InfiniBand scalable HPC solutions accelerate 80 percent of the accelerator-based systems.
- Mellanox InfiniBand interconnect solutions present in the TOP500 are used by a diverse list of applications from large-scale, high-performance computing to commercial, technical computing, cloud computing and enterprise data centers.
- Learn more about Mellanox InfiniBand Switches, Adapter Cards
- Learn more about Mellanox Switch Management and Storage Fabric Software
- Follow Mellanox on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Linked-In, and YouTube
- Join the Mellanox Community
Mellanox Technologies is a leading supplier of end-to-end InfiniBand and Ethernet interconnect solutions and services for servers and storage. Mellanox interconnect solutions increase data center efficiency by providing the highest throughput and lowest latency, delivering data faster to applications and unlocking system performance capability. Mellanox offers a choice of fast interconnect products: adapters, switches, software and silicon that accelerate application runtime and maximize business results for a wide range of markets including high performance computing, enterprise data centers, Web 2.0, cloud, storage and financial services. More information is available at www.mellanox.com.
Mellanox, BridgeX, ConnectX, CORE-Direct, InfiniBridge, InfiniHost, InfiniScale, MLNX-OS, PhyX, SwitchX, Virtual Protocol Interconnect and Voltaire are registered trademarks of Mellanox Technologies, Ltd. Connect-IB, CoolBox, FabricIT, Mellanox Federal Systems, Mellanox Software Defined Storage, MetroX, MetroDX, Mellanox Open Ethernet, Mellanox Virtual Modular Switch, Open Ethernet, ScalableHPC, Unbreakable-Link, UFM and Unified Fabric Manager are trademarks of Mellanox Technologies, Ltd. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.