SUNNYVALE, CA and YOKNEAM, ISRAEL – MARCH 20, 2017 –
Mellanox Technologies, Ltd. (NASDAQ: MLNX), a leading supplier of high-performance, end-to-end smart interconnect solutions for data center servers and storage systems, today introduced a new line of 200Gb/s silicon photonics and VCSEL-based transceivers in the same QSFP28 package as today’s 100Gb/s products. These new transceivers double the bandwidth for hyperscale Web 2 and cloud 100Gb/s networks. Mellanox is also introducing 200Gb/s Active Optical Cables (AOCs) and Direct Attach Copper Cables (DACs), including breakout cables, to allow for end-to-end 200Gb/s Ethernet networks.
“Our hyperscale customers can double their bandwidth and scale to 200G while using their existing installed fiber and without changing to a new form factor,” said Amir Prescher, senior vice president of business development and general manager of the interconnect business, Mellanox Technologies. “There is no need to wait for a new 400G form factor. Using the same QSFP package as 100G, Mellanox’s 200Gb/s products provide better ROI and compelling cost advantages today.”
Specifically, Mellanox is announcing the following products:
- 200Gb/s 1550nm DR4 QSFP28 silicon photonics transceiver for reaches of 500m on single mode fiber
- 200Gb/s SR4 VCSEL QSFP28 transceiver for reaches of 100m on OM4 multi-mode fiber
- 200Gb/s QSFP28 Active Optical Cable for reaches to 100m
- 200Gb/s QSFP28 Direct Attach Copper (DAC) cable for reaches of 3m
- 200Gb/s QSFP28 to 4 x 50Gb/s SFP28 copper splitter cables to connect 50Gb/s servers to TOR switches The next generation of switches and servers will run at 50G per lane interfaces. These transceivers and DACs support the new IEEE 200GAUI electrical standard, using 25GBaud PAM4 signaling, literally doubling the lane speed.
- Live 200Gb/s silicon photonics demonstration
- Spectrum SN2700, SN2410 and SN2100 100Gb/s QSFP28/ SFP28 switches
- ConnectX®-4 and ConnectX-5 25G/50G/100Gb/s QSFP28/SFP28 network adapters
- LinkX™ 25G/50G/100Gb/s DAC & AOC cables and 100G SR4 & PSM4 transceivers
- New Quantum switches with 40 ports of 200Gb/s QSFP28 in 1RUchassis
- New ConnectX-6 adapters with two ports of 200Gb/s QSFP28
- Silicon Photonics Optical engines and components
- Learn more about: LinkX cables and transceivers
- Learn more about: Mellanox’s complete 100GbE Switches and Adapter solutions
- Learn more about: 100G SR4 transceivers
- Learn more about: Mellanox 100G PSM4 transceivers
- Follow Mellanox on: Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube
Mellanox will be exhibiting at the Optical Fiber Conference (OFC), March 21-23, at the Los Angeles Convention Center, Los Angeles, CA, booth no. 3715. Mellanox will showcase live demonstrations of all its end-to-end solutions in switching, network adapter and copper and optical cables and transceivers, including:
At OFC, the Company will also be demonstrating interoperability of the Mellanox Silicon Photonics 100Gb/s PSM4 with Innolight, AOI, Oclaro, and Hisense transceivers in both the Mellanox booth and in the Ethernet Alliance booth, no. 1709.
Mellanox Technologies (NASDAQ: MLNX) is a leading supplier of end-to-end Ethernet and InfiniBand intelligent interconnect solutions and services for servers, storage, and hyper-converged infrastructure. Mellanox intelligent interconnect solutions increase data center efficiency by providing the highest throughput and lowest latency, delivering data faster to applications and unlocking system performance. Mellanox offers a choice of high performance solutions: network and multicore processors, network adapters, switches, cables, software and silicon, that accelerate application runtime and maximize business results for a wide range of markets including high performance computing, enterprise data centers, Web 2.0, cloud, storage, network security, telecom and financial services. More information is available at www.mellanox.com.
# # #
Note: Mellanox and ConnectX are registered trademarks of Mellanox Technologies, Ltd. LinkX is a trademark of Mellanox Technologies, Ltd. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.