SUNNYVALE, CA. and YOKNEAM, ISRAEL – April 12, 2010 – Mellanox® Technologies, Ltd. (NASDAQ: MLNX; TASE: MLNX), a leading supplier of high-performance, end-to-end connectivity solutions for data center servers and storage systems, today announced the immediate availability of its industry-leading IS5000 40Gb/s InfiniBand switch system family and FabricIT™ management suite. The IS5000 switch system family enables high-performance computing clusters and data centers to efficiently scale using switch building blocks from 36 to 648 ports in a single enclosure with an industry-lowest latency performance of 100ns. Leveraging Mellanox’s InfiniScale® IV 4th generation of InfiniBand switch silicon, the switch family and full line of host channel adapters, software and cables provide customers with the optimal combination of proven performance and efficiency enhancement to enable the next generation of high-performance computing, cloud infrastructures and enterprise data centers.
“The IS5000 switch family with FabricIT fabric management software offers a new level of provisioning flexibility without sacrificing system performance. The scalability of the new switch systems helps data center managers fully optimize their fabrics to meet the demanding requirements in today's dynamic computing environment such as on-demand and cloud computing,” said Jie Wu, Research Director, Technical Computing at IDC. “Today’s announcement indicates that Mellanox is poised at the forefront of intelligent data center fabric management and performance by continuously rolling out new products to address the emerging market demands.”
Mellanox’s world leading family of IS5000 InfiniBand switch systems provides the following benefits:
- Comprehensive family of un-managed and managed edge switches and director-class modular switches, ideal for deployments of any size with the ability to scale as you grow
- Industry-leading switching capacities scaling from 2,88Tb/s to 51,8 Tb/s of fully non-blocking bandwidth in a single enclosure with support for all network topologies ranging from Fat-Tree, Mesh, 3D-Torus, etc.
- The world’s lowest port-to-port switching latency of 100ns for 36-port switches and 300ns for modular switches (108-648 ports) providing 25-45 percent better latency than other comparable switches
- Most reliable and highly available systems
- Redundant components such as fans, power supplies and management modules and support for automatic component and system failover providing industry-leading Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF)
- Real time monitoring and correction for network congestion and automatic path failover ensuring applications receive uninterrupted connectivity under extreme traffic conditions
- Extended end-to-end system validation including cables providing highest system uptime and maximum return-on-investment
- Up to four times higher scalability for multicast operations than other solutions
- Powerful embedded processors to run feature-rich FabricIT fabric management software providing ease of deployment, maintenance, trouble shooting and optimization
- Delivers maximum system productivity and efficiency
- Large switching capacities and the ability to carry compute and storage traffic on a common converged fabric enables the creation of power and cost-efficient green HPC clusters and data centers
“Mellanox’s comprehensive end-to-end 40Gb/s connectivity solution of switches, fabric management, and adapters provide the highest return on investment by delivering superior bandwidth and latency performance, density and ease of use that enables data centers to operate systems at any scale while reducing operational costs and infrastructure complexity,” said Sanjay Manney, director of product marketing at Mellanox Technologies. “Mellanox IS5000 InfiniBand switch systems provide the needed capabilities for the highest scalability, reliability and future growth, and can carry converged traffic with the combination of assured bandwidth and granular quality of service.”
The complete Mellanox system family consists of 36 fixed port switches, director class modular switches with configurations of 108, 216, 324 and 648 non-blocking ports. The IS5000 family of switches with integrated management functionality allows customers to grow their networks with Mellanox as the complete system for high-performance networking and unified networking vendor of choice. Common modules like switch, fan and power supplies across the entire IS5000 director class family of switches provide customers the ultimate value and ease of use.
Pricing and Availability
Mellanox’s IS5000 family of 40Gb/s InfiniBand switch systems are available today. Pricing is available upon request. For more information please visit http://www.mellanox.com/is5000.
Mellanox Technologies is a leading supplier of end-to-end connectivity solutions for servers and storage that optimize data center performance. Mellanox products deliver market-leading bandwidth, performance, scalability, power conservation and cost-effectiveness while converging multiple legacy network technologies into one future-proof solution. For the best in performance and scalability, Mellanox is the choice for Fortune 500 data centers and the world’s most powerful supercomputers. Founded in 1999, Mellanox Technologies is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California and Yokneam,Israel. For more information, visit Mellanox at www.mellanox.com.
Mellanox, BridgeX, ConnectX, InfiniBlast, InfiniBridge, InfiniHost, InfiniRISC, InfiniScale, InfiniPCI, and Virtual Protocol Interconnect are registered trademarks of Mellanox Technologies, Ltd. CORE-Direct, FabricIT, and PhyX are trademarks of Mellanox Technologies, Ltd. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.