InfiniBand Project Delivery Services Onsite/Remote
With years of hands-on experience, the Mellanox Services team enables customers and partners to focus on their core business while we do the heavy lifting. Our expert Field Service Engineers are backed up by our three-tier Support team, subject matter experts, and direct access to Engineering for exceptional instances. By choosing Mellanox Services, customers and partners can expect to reduce time-to-production and increase overall ROI.
The On-site Project Delivery Services with cable implementation package is designed to accelerate the deployment and configuration of Mellanox InfiniBand fabrics and Mellanox Ethernet networks. Additionally, this package provides the customer with valuable knowledge regarding the use and management of the Mellanox products within the customer’s environment.
Mellanox offers several implementation packages. Each package offers the same level of service, but varies by deployment size/complexity, duration, and cable/label deployment requirements (if requested). All Mellanox Service packages include Project Management delivered over the lifecycle of the engagement. Each package consists of the following services: (i) Physical Installation of Mellanox Products, including or excluding cable/label implementation; (ii) Logical installation, upgrade, and configuration of Mellanox software and hardware products; (iii) Network health check; (iv) Best practice performance tuning; (vi) Knowledge transfer.
Mellanox will assign a dedicated Project Delivery Manager (PDM) to be the point-of-contact pre and post delivery. The PDM will provide a SOW (Statement of Work) detailing the scope of work to be completed by Mellanox. The PDM will coordinate with end users, OEMs, and resellers.
Physical Installation of Mellanox Products
An experienced Mellanox Field Service Engineer (FSE) will be assigned to conduct the deployment at the installation site. The FSE will physically install:
- Mellanox Director Switch Systems (Core / Chassis)
- Mellanox Edge Switch Systems (Leaf / Top-of-Rack (ToR))
- Mellanox Gateway Switch Systems
- Mellanox Management Systems
- Mellanox Cabling Solutions, including labeling of the cables (if purchased)
Logical Installation, Upgrade, and Configuration of Mellanox Software and Hardware Products
Having completed the physical elements of the deployment, the FSE will perform a Logical installation, and/or upgrading, and/or configuration of:
- Mellanox Managed Switch and Gateway Systems:
- Software and firmware will be updated to the most current or agreed-upon version
- Configured per Mellanox best practices and customer designs
- Mellanox Adapter:
- Firmware updated
- Mellanox Driver Installation:
- Mellanox Management Software:
- Software installed or upgraded to the most current or agreed-upon version
- Configured per Mellanox best practices
Network Health Check
The FSE will ensure the readiness of the Mellanox InfiniBand fabric and/or Mellanox Ethernet network:
- The Mellanox network will be reviewed to ensure that it is free of faults and errors
- All Mellanox hardware will be reviewed to ensure that it is free of faults and errors
- All Mellanox software will be reviewed to ensure that it is free of faults and errors
- When applicable, the cable topology will be validated
Best Practice Performance Tuning
- Where applicable, best practice performance tuning is available
- Where applicable, best practice performance testing is available
- Knowledge Transfer
Mellanox offers several differently-sized deployment packages. Each package offers the same level of service and consists of a predefined number of prepaid workdays. The duration of an engagement is determined by several factors: the number of the end nodes serviced, the number of the cables deployed, and the number of the resources required.
Mellanox take the installation end-to-end
Mellanox offers differently-sized installation deployment packages. Each package offers the same level of Service and consists of a predefined number of prepaid workdays. The duration of an engagement is determined by several factors: the number of the end nodes serviced, the number of the cables deployed, and the amount of resources required.
- XXXX stands for the node count (0250=up to 250 nodes)
- Each service is offered with cabling (the physical part) – CABLE and without cabling –NOCBL
- Node count can include 100, 250, 500, 1000 and 2500-node options
|Description||SOW||Delivery method||Mellanox Part Number|
|The technical implementation package includes the following bring-up services: installation, configuration, fabric diagnostic, best performance validation, and Knowledge Transfer.||Up to XXX nodes. No cabling included||On site.
|The technical implementation package includes the following bring-up services: installation, configuration, fabric diagnostic, best performance validation, and Knowledge Transfer.||Up to XXX nodes. Cabling included||On site.
These project-based Services offerings are all-inclusive; all the travels, rooms and board expenses are included.
The information within this document is a high-level outline of the On-site Project Delivery Services With and Without Cable Implementation packages which Mellanox Global Professional Services may provide during a delivery. The actual services provided will be described in a Statement of Work and some limitations and changes might apply. Please see Mellanox GPS – Terms and Conditions.
For more information, please contact your Account Manager or download the attached Mellanox Professional Services Quotes and PN.